Hi Buker Families,
This year we will be combining the Friends of Buker Ice Cream Social and the traditional Back to School Curriculum night. The combined event will take place from 5-7pm on Monday, September 16.
Prior to the event, classroom and curriculum information will be sent home via email to families. This will give you a chance to review the curricular information before the event. At 5:00 we will welcome families into the classrooms. Families (including students) can visit the school, connect with current and past teachers, and ask any questions they have about this year's curriculum. There will not be any formal presentations. This will be a drop-in time for all the classrooms. Other support staff will be available as well.
At 6:00, we will transition outside. Ice cream will be provided free of charge from Friends of Buker (Thanks, Friends!!). Also, pizza will be for sale as a fundraiser for fifth grade end-of-year activities.
This format will allow for more personal connections between members of the Buker community. We will still have our normal Open House on March 9, 2020.
I look forward to seeing everyone on the 16th!
Ben B. Schersten, M.Ed.
Mark your calendars!
- School Pictures: Monday, September 16th (forms will be sent home in backpacks)
- Buker Ice Cream Social/Curriculum Night: Monday, September 16th, 5p-7p
- Friends of Buker Meeting: Monday, September 23rd, 7p
Thursday, 8/29 ~ Visit
· Students with last names beginning with A-L 10:00-10:30am.
· Students with last names M-Z 11:00-11:30am.Tuesday, 9/3 ~ Orientation
· Students with last names beginning with A-L are invited from 9:00am-9:45am.
· Students with last names M-Z are invited from 10:15am-11:00am.
Wednesday, 9/4 ~ First Day of Kindergarten (12:45pm Dismissal, lunch served)
Our DECA team has been hard at work getting the school store ready and are pleased to announce that the online store for Generals Gear is now open.
Please use this link to place your order. All orders can be shipped free to the High School (then delivered to respective locations) or picked up at Todd’s Sporting Goods in Beverly! The store will be open through September 3rd. Items will be delivered on or about September 16th.
Also, remember to stop by the school store to check out the items currently in stock, as well as try on sample sizes for select items!